Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blog posts that I like

I liked Israt's blog post THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART TIME INDIAN: spoiler alert because I haven't read the book yet and she made me want to read it. It wasn't too long so that it would be boring but it wasn't to short that it wouldn't have any key features. I read it even though it was a spoiler alert.and it was really detailed and just in general a great blog post. The next blog that I read and liked was Grace's blog on plagerisum because it gets the point out that PLAGERISUM IS BAD and that kids shouldn't do plagerize. And she had some really good points that helps if you feel like plagerizing like... "2. Instead of using the exact words from the article, the student could have paraphrased and said something like this: There is a feeling of peace and calmness in this painting. Maybe the contrast between the dark shades of blue and the bright warm reds, golds, and oranges symbolize childhood memories of happier, simpler times. The night sky represents the dull sadness of Van Gogh's life as an adult but the stars are there to symbolize the distant memories that live on. That was an example of paraphrasing. I used the same idea of the original text but instead of copying the words, I used my own." Which helps me since I always have the thought that my words wouldn't mean the same or won't work as well so that is one tatick that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment